The Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) is a provincially funded rebate that applies as a credit on qualifying electricity bills. The following types of electricity accounts are eligible:
- Low volume accounts (meaning the account has a demand for electricity of 50 kilowatts or less, or uses not more than 250,000 kilowatt hours of electricity per year); this includes most single-family homes and many small businesses
- Long-term care homes
- Multi-unit complexes that are predominantly residential (as of July 1, 2022)
- Retirement residences (as of July 1, 2022)
- Mobile home parks (as of July 1, 2022)
In addition, some accounts that are not eligible but were receiving the former 8% Provincial Rebate that was in place before the OER was introduced on November 1, 2019 receive the OER under a legacy exemption. You should complete this form only if your account relates to:
- A multi-unit complex
- Any common elements of a multi-unit complex
- A retirement residence
- A mobile home park
If your account is a low volume account or relates to a farm or a long-term care home, you do not need to submit this form - you are entitled to receive the OER automatically. If you have one of these accounts but you are not already receiving the OER, please contact us. If you are not sure whether you are already receiving the OER, check you last bill.
You can submit a complete, signed form in any of the following ways:
For more information about the OER, please visit www.ontario.ca/page/changes-your-electricity-bill or refer to Ontario Regulation 363/16.